Saturday, October 18, 2008

Academic writing – a netball game

When I was 12 years old, I learned a lesson about co-operation as a team from my favorite game, playing netball with my friends. We practiced a lot everyday in the afternoon because we wanted to be the winner in every match. At first, I thought that this game was simple and easy. I just needed to catch ball and gave it to my friend at the GD position to goal it into the net before our match team took the ball from us. That was our mission, to win the entire game match. But then, a problem appeared as I wanted to be in the GD position. I wanted to make my team proud of me after I goal in the ball. Then when they gave me the chance to be the GD, I lost myself. I have changed to the bossy friend. I scolded my friend who cannot catch the ball. It was like I played alone and didn’t care about their feeling. I was like a leader at that time. I had changed a lot. After that, my friend lost interest to play with me. They didn’t talked with me anymore and didn’t came to the field to play the netball with me. Then I realized that I had been wrong to my friends. I had changed so quickly. So, I decided to call my friends. I apologized and promised them to change my attitude. From this experience, I learned the important of being co-operation and friendship in my team.

No comments: