Saturday, October 18, 2008

~Eid Mubarak Day~

One think that I most remember is the day after fasting month in Ramadan. It’s call as Eid Mubarak Day. Muslims cannot eat or drink during the fasting month, but opposite during Eid Mubarak Day as Muslims can eat or drink anytime in this time. It is a day of victory for us as we patiently went through the fasting month. As me and my family, we celebrate it with much kind of activities. First, we go to the mosque for special pray in the morning. Then we go to our grandparent grave for a while before return home. We prepared many foods like ‘rendang’, ‘nasi dagang’, ‘ketupat’ and ‘satay’ for our guests. We also serve many various types of cookies and drink. We wear our new clothes. My siblings and I shake hands with our parent and ask for forgiveness from them. After that, we take a lot of pictures among us and also with the guest. My parent also gives some money for our guest’s children before they return home. After Zohor prayer, it’s time for my family to go and visit our relatives and neighborhood houses. We shake hands with them and apologized to them for our mistakes. My younger brother, my nephews and I got some money from our relatives. My parent also brought us to their friend’s house. After got tired, we back to our house. As for me, I planned to visit my friend house in the second day of Eid Mubarak. I like this Eid Mubarak day because we can do a lot of things together and also getting close the relationship with our relatives and neighbors by visiting them.

No comments: